Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Femmes Imperum




Sometimes you get lost by accident, sometimes intentionally. The latter happened to me. I wanted to find new path after creating whole bunch of Inquisitor miniatures. I searched for new direction to go, something where I could create series of miniatures without too restricted theme around them. I created Bathoriia, daemonic entity based around John Blanche painting. She showed me a new path. A path where I could study the miniatures in wider perspective.

Femmes Imperum concept was born. Series of fierce female characters from both Warhammer & WH40k universes. Here I could create wide variety of different miniatures from varying backgrounds but whose would still be tied together by much more loose theme being all female. I told my idea to the main inspirator himself and John gave me very encouraging feedback from it. Being so kind, he even provided me with some very inspiring material to feed my creativity.

Femmes Imperum is project where I will study the aesthetics of beauty in all of its forms in Warhammer & WH40k setting using John's amazing illustrations as basis for the characters.

Bathoriia was just the beginning, now prepare yourselves for some serious madness...

14 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing the results. I always found the Sisters of Sigmar images in Blood on the Reik particularly inspiring - would love to see you do one!.

    Cheers,
    Dante

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Blood on the Reik eh? JB illustrations? Can I see somewhere??

      Delete
    2. There's about a dozen JB's colourplates in Blood on the Reik, but the main illustrator is Dave Gallagher.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this "madness" : )

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous idea - we need more female characters. The warhammer worlds are still a bit of a sausage fest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very excited to see where this goes. Looking forward to see Bathoriia fully painted and the works beyond.

    Bring back fond memories of John's "Femme Militant" series too. Those were weird, dangerous and creepy looking, all something that you wouldn't see in mainstream game character design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no secret that I was a huge fan of those miniatures! Consider the Femme Imperum as my interpretation of that subject =)

      Delete
  6. Great concept, I'll be watching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Mother of the Emperor, the Plasteel Lady, Hellen Killer... easily some of the very best examples there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following your blog for a while now... there is just one awesome project after another. Massive inspiration for my own creative endeavours.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Also found your blog - Fantastic stuff!!!

      Delete